United Steel Supply


Image
United Steel Supply

has sold majority interest to

ABOUT THE COMPANY:

United Steel Supply, LLC (“United Steel”) is an innovative and market-leading distributor of painted Galvalume® steel coils (meeting ENERGY STAR® criteria) to the independent steel roll former industry. The company’s Galvalume® and other flat-rolled steel products are used to meet the growing demand for metal roofing and siding applications in the residential, commercial, industrial, and agricultural end markets.

SITUATION:

The company’s revolutionary model allows for shorter lead times from suppliers, as well as just-in-time services and guaranteed standard inventory availability for its customers. This transformative approach to working with its suppliers and customers further supports and fosters growth of the industry served. After completing two acquisitions at the beginning of 2018, the founders identified further opportunity to accelerate their vision and growth plan through a strategic partnership.

ENGAGEMENT:

G2 has served as a long-term strategic advisor to United Steel, and as the exclusive Sell-Side Advisor for this process was responsible for running a highly tailored, strategic, and efficient recapitalization transaction process for the company. The client had unique and specific characteristics it was looking for in a potential partner – either financial or strategic – and each potential partner went through a bespoke process tied to the particular considerations of their position, as well as their history within the metal building / building product industry.

OUTCOME:

The transaction was successfully executed through the sale of a 75% majority interest in United Steel to Steel Dynamics, Inc. (NASDAQ: STLD) for $134MM, with an option for United Steel to sell the remaining 25% minority interest to Steel Dynamics, Inc., in the future.

DEAL TEAM:

SUB-SECTOR

Materials

MORE LIKE THIS

Exclusive Sell-Side Advisor

Arbre Group Holding

has sold Arbre Farms Corporation and Willow Cold Storage Corporation to Oregon Potato Company

Exclusive Sell-Side Advisor

Image

a portfolio company of Wicks has been acquired by Demand & Suppli LLC.

Exclusive Sell-Side Advisor

Image

a portfolio company of Odyssey Investment Partners has been acquired by Addison Group

Exclusive Sell-Side Advisor

Image

has been acquired by Champlain Capital

Exclusive Sell-Side Advisor

Image

a portfolio company of HCI Equity Partners has been recapitalized by Stellex Capital Management  

Exclusive Sell-Side Advisor

Image

a portfolio company of Granite Bridge Partners has acquired Sigma Imaging Technologies  

Exclusive Sell-Side Advisor

Image

has been acquired by Undisclosed Buyer

Exclusive Sell-Side Advisor

Image

has been acquired by Industry Drive a portfolio company of Falfurrias Capital  

Exclusive Sell-Side Advisor

Image

Asset-based temperature controlled transportation division of Roadrunner Transportation Systems has been sold to Laurel Oak Capital Partners

Exclusive Sell-Side Advisor

Image

has been recapitalized by HCI Equity Partners

Connect With Us.

Image
Homepage Contact
Services of Interest